Passenger Terminal
The daily portal for the latest airport passenger terminal news and views
   Sort by: relevance most recent


Birmingham Airport celebrates 12 months of consecutive growth

Birmingham Airport in the UK saw 15% year-on-year passenger growth in February 2016, resulting in 12 months of consecutive record breaking results at the airport. A total of 724,760 passengers travelled through the airport last month, over 94,000 more than the same month the previous year.

Paul Kehoe, chief executive officer at Birmingham Airport, said, “It’s great to see our record breaking months continue, a whole year of outstanding passenger figures is something that will go down in the airport’s history.

“The next few weeks will see a rapid expansion to the selection of airlines flying from Birmingham Airport as we introduce Qatar, CSA, Iberia and Blue Air as well as the magnificent Emirates Airbus A380 aircraft.

“These new airlines, along with increasing frequencies from our established carriers, will attract a lot more people to our airport and so we expect our passenger figures to remain strong going forward.”

Scheduled traffic in February accounted for almost 90% of the total with charter passengers making up the remaining 10%. Scheduled traffic overall grew by a healthy 17.5% and charter traffic experienced a 1.4% drop in passenger numbers compared with the same month last year.

March 18, 2016

Monthly Poll >>

Should airports be developing their own indoor navigation systems in multiple languages or use external companies to develop their maps for them?


Click here for listings and information on leading suppliers covering all aspects of the passenger terminal industry. Want to see your company included? Email Damien de Roche.

View all suppliers >>

Passenger Terminal World >>

Read latest issueNEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World September 2017 is now online.

Read now.

More Information>>

Railway Terminal World >>

Read latest issueNEW DIGITAL EDITION: From the publishers of Passenger Terminal World, the only magazine dedicated to railway terminal and station design and technologies.

Read the free digital edition >>

TV >>

Aberdeen International Airport opens new terminal extension

Scotland’s Aberdeen International Airport has officially opened the extension of its terminal with the help of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, of The Duchess of Rothesay as she is known in Scotland.

Watch Now >>

Annual Showcase 2017 >>

Read latest issueNEW DIGITAL EDITION:

Passenger Terminal World Showcase 2017 is now online.

Read now.

More Information >>