Website NACO/Royal HaskoningDHV
Deputy Resident Engineer (Responsible for Airport ICT and Security Systems)
NACO, Netherlands Airport Consultants, is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV and a globally leading engineering and consultancy firm in the field of Airport Development. We have a strong reputation in airport consultancy in all its aspects including Design and Management of Airport Developments. With a team of over 200 staff, we work on high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations across the world. We are “the” go to consultant when it comes to Airport Consultancy.
One of our key ongoing projects is the supervision of the construction of Terminal 2 at Kuwait International Airport. As part of an Association lead by Foster+Partners and Gulf Consult, together with ARUP, we performed the design of this new terminal a few years ago. At this moment we are involved in Design Compliance Review and Supervision Services on site. Construction of this new terminal began in August 2016. The new terminal will have a Gross Floor Area of 700,000 m2, a capacity of 25 MAP (Million Annual Passengers), and will be accommodated with 30 (21F+9C) to 51 (C only) Gates/Stands. Other projects related to this Terminal are Landside access and facilities, and the Airside works.
We are looking for someone to lead our on-site team of consultants and engineers in the Design Compliance Review of the Special Airport Systems & Security Systems for the construction of TB2 at Kuwait International Airport, one of the most prestigious airport development projects in the Middle East now.
You will be heading a team of 10 to 12 highly specialized consultants and site engineers involved in the Design Compliance Review of SAS and Security systems. Part of your job is to liaise with our partners in the Association, with the Contractor, Subcontractors, the Client MPW, the Owner DGCA and other Stakeholders, to ensure that the new Terminal is built to the highest standards and according to Contract.
You are also the linking-pin to a core team of experts in the NACO headquarters in the Netherlands and to the NACO management. In Kuwait, you will be part of a large expat community from the various companies involved in the realization of this landmark terminal.
- Managing our on-site team of Design Compliance Review consultants and engineers
- You will be responsible for our team performance and ensure that our team meets project performance objectives
- Liaising with project stakeholders, especially with our partners in the Association, the client MWP, and the main contractor / specialized sub-contractors on a daily basis
- Guiding the main contractor and sub-contractors to a certain extent, while ensuring that each stakeholder adheres to their contractual obligations
- Actively support the Association and client MPW in drafting formal project communication that is relevant to SAS- and Security Systems
- Responsible for (internal) Project Administration (e.g. internal reporting, financial matters and formal NACO project correspondence)
- Weekly project reports / reviews to/with the accountable NACO Project Director based in the Netherlands
We offer you:
- Job in Kuwait in a very international environment for 2-3 years
- To be part of a highly skilled team in a challenging environment
- Being part of the global leading aviation consultancy NACO
- A very good remuneration package
You can offer:
- A BSc or MSc in ICT-systems (preferably with Engineering title), or Electrical- or Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 20 years of working experience, of which 15 years in the development of airports
- Including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in detailed design reviews for airport ICT/SAS/SEC systems
- Having actual experience and knowledge about main SAS Systems (e.g. AODB, FIDS, CUPPS, CUSS, CUTE, DAS, LAN, WLAN, Data Centre, Data storage, Automated Border Control, BRS, PA-Systems, PAMNS) and main Security Systems (i.e. passenger / staff / goods screening equipment, VSS, SACS, SMIS) is a pro
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a PMC role (Project Management Consultant)
- Experience as a Resident Engineer or Deputy Resident Engineer
- Proficient in Project Administration and Contract Management (especially FIDIC contracts)
- International working experience, including in the Middle East
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for leading client & contractor meetings
Click the apply button and easily send us your Linkedin-profile or CV and short motivation about your (D)RE experience within airports. Please feel free to contact Max Kapteijn (email@example.com) for more information.
We look forward talking to you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.