Website DFW International Airport
The DFW Airport Assistant Vice President of Planning will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive and continuous business and capital planning process designed to ensure all future facilitation requirements provide operational efficiency. Under general direction of the Vice President of Planning, this role will perform and lead professional and management projects in master planning and facility planning to help support the overall strategic plan of the Airport. This leader will have the opportunity to promote DFW Airport and to be an integral part of achieving our mission to provide an exceptional Airport experience for our customers and connect our community to the world.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the Strategic Long Term and Tactical/Implementation Planning Groups which will explore, analyze, and identify action plans for a diverse range of facility and development needs at DFW. This development planning process will assess the airport’s operational effectiveness, capacity utilization, and operational cost containment and ensure revenue growth and enhancement of airport services.
- Develop and proactively manage the Planning teams to support those needs related to the Airside, Land Development, Terminal Concessions, Terminal Modernization & Expansion, Ground Transportation Improvements, and other critical landside/airside systems.
- Manage diverse consultant teams, including the On-Call Planning Consultant Team and resultant Capital Improvement Programs. Implement appropriate controls to ensure the achievement of Planning’s goals and objectives for quality end products and efficient contract management.
- Collaborate and coordinate with DFW managers responsible for key components of the operation (such as Design, Code and Construction, Commercial Development, Parking, Concessions, Terminal Management, , Environmental Affairs Energy, Transportation and Asset Management, and DPS) to identify the airport’s strengths and weaknesses and business opportunities to improve and refine services to meet business goals
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of experience in Aviation, including five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in planning studies or analysis of systems at medium and/or large hub airports.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or team leadership experience on airports.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field with diverse experience in terminal/facility, land development, and ground access planning at an international airport.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees, and over the past five years we achieved almost every strategic objective and performance goal that we set out to achieve.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional Airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join our Planning department and help us re-imagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW and live and work with purpose.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.dfwairport.com/careers →