Website NACO/Royal HaskoningDHV
With your passion about the environment and knowledge about aviation, you are responsible for supporting the global conversation on aviation sustainability. Of course, through the lens of our unique ability to bring solutions to our clients. Support developments around key issues, approaches and solutions to sustainability for aviation is your goal. This is how you contribute to the ultimate objective: sell and deliver our consulting services to the existing and new markets.
What you will do as Sustainable Aviation Consultant
Externally you focus on facilitating the spreading of our brand and expertise within the market. And internally you support (knit together) our other Business Lines diverse capabilities in technical analysis, communication, and advanced modelling to draft proposals and support to deliver satisfying, high-quality projects. Besides that, you will:
- Participate on client projects, which typically include incorporation of sustainability in client strategy, identifying climate risks and facilitating the implementation of business plans;
- Become familiar with the aviation industry climate change data sources and issues;
- Perform qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis (data comparisons, statistical calculations, material flow modelling, and GIS spatial analysis);
- Support the incorporation of sustainability and climate resilience in traffic forecasting, strategic planning, due diligence, financial planning and master planning;
- Interface between RHDHV other Business Lines to share, co-create, gather data and present results of studies and analyses;
- Present results in a cohesive manner through written reports and presentations.
- Collect and summarize upcoming trends in aviation sustainability and climate resilience and report on market insights on the below trends (but not limited to):
- Development of alternative technologies, including SAF, electric and hybrid aircraft International policies impacting aviation sustainability, including regulatory landscape
- Innovation in aircraft technologies, carbon calculation
- Sustainable airport design and construction
- Design/implementation of circular business models within airports’ supply chain
- Emissions trading systems (e.g., ETS) and offsetting schemes (e.g., CORSIA)
- Climate change adaptation and resilience
- Climate change transition risks
- Smart Investing – changes in Insurance and Investment. E.g., Task force for Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) etc.
You act as a thought leader. This means you support our sustainability and climate change resilience initiatives, such as the development of intellectual capital, white papers, or marketing materials/campaigns. As well as supporting the internal discussions and analyses to develop companywide perspectives and attending industry conferences for networking and keeping up to date with industry developments.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent, international engineering and project management
consultancy with 140 years of experience. Backed by the expertise and experience of 6,000 colleagues all over the world, our professionals combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire society in some 150 countries. By showing leadership in sustainable development and innovation, together with our clients, we are working to become part of the solution to a more sustainable society now and into the future.
As a Sustainable Aviation Consultant you will become part of the Business Unit Aviation. This is one of the smaller and more intimate units and consists of the worldwide renowned consultancy brands NACO and InterVISTAS. Our highly motivated team delivers full spectrum, integrated engineering-, strategic- and management consultancy services related to airport and aviation development all over the globe. We run our aviation business from our “head office” in The Hague, The Netherlands supported by our offices in Canada, United States and South Africa.
What you bring
Working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries is no problem for you. Besides the ability to work in a team environment, you also work effectively when working individually. You also have:
- 3 to 6 years’ work experience of which a considerable amount of years in a similar role, preferably in Aviation
- Relevant Master’s level university degree related to topics such as Sustainable Development, (Air) Transport Engineering & Management, Economics & Policy)
- Organise written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience;
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities;
- Can multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access) and Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
What we offer you
Within our company you will be able to develop yourself while working on challenging projects. Royal HaskoningDHV and NACO hold a solid national and international market position that offers ample opportunity for personal and professional development. Furthermore, we offer:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary(3669-5241) and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in our office in The Hague, and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
Are you our new colleague?
Do you want to join our team in The Hague developing the most important airports in the world as our new Sustainable Aviation Consultant? Then we would like to meet you! Apply now via the button below, or if you have a question about the function feel free to send it to recruiter Max Kapteijn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.