Website NACO/Royal HaskoningDHV
As a Junior Airport Systems Engineer, you will form part of the Apron Systems and Airfield Ground Lighting team and will work with our colleagues in Airport Asset Design. With your background and knowledge in electrical/electronic systems you would provide support to our Airfield Systems team while having the opportunity to garner or further develop your experience in consultancy services within the Aviation Profession.
While providing Airfield Systems solutions for our clients you would address individual aspects and/or specific systems. You assist in the provision of project solutions in a multi-disciplinary environment and airport operational processes.
As a member of our Airport Systems and specifically the Apron/AGL Systems team based in the Netherlands or South Africa you will work on projects worldwide and:
- Assist in study and design projects and take responsibility for project results and deliverables.
- Help develop AGL/Apron Systems solutions and help expand our capabilities.
- Assist in other Airport Systems related consultancy services.
In this position you will perform the following tasks as part of the Apron/AGL Systems team:
- Developing functional and technical designs for systems that include (but not limited) Visual Aids, Apron and Electrical Systems.
- Developing Apron/AGL System input for airport master plans.
- Assist where possible on other Airport Systems
- Assist in making proposals for new projects and tenders.
- Study and apply relevant international standards and regulations (ICAO, FAA, etc.).
- Keep informed about the latest developments in Apron/AGL systems and related technologies.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent, international engineering and project management consultancy with 140 years of experience. Backed by the expertise and experience of 6,000 colleagues all over the world, our professionals combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire society in some 150 countries. By showing leadership in sustainable development and innovation, together with our clients, we are working to become part of the solution to a more sustainable society now and into the future.
As an Aerospace/Electronics Airport Engineer you will become part of the Business Unit Aviation. This is one of the smaller and more intimate units and consists of the worldwide renown consultancy brands NACO and InterVISTAS. Our highly motivated team delivers full spectrum, integrated engineering-, strategic- and management consultancy services related to airport and aviation development all over the globe. We run our aviation business from our “head office” in The Hague, The Netherlands supported by our offices in Canada, United States and South Africa.
What you bring
Working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries is no problem for you.
You have an inclination towards technical work on systems and would like to further explore this domain in the world of aviation and further professionalize yourself there. Besides that, you have:
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical /Electronic Systems or similar related Engineering.
- An affinity for the systems domain with some experience/exposure in aviation preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably Autodesk Revit, AutoCad and/or Civil 3D. Strong experience in Microsoft Excel and Programming using Dynamo, Python etc. will be advantageous.
- Previous experience in Apron Systems and Airfield Ground Lighting.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; additional languages will be considered a plus.
What we offer you
We offer you an opportunity to make a difference in an unique team of aviation enthusiasts. Together with our very talented staff you make the future of aviation happen through rewarding projects. Royal HaskoningDHV holds a solid national and international market position that offers ample opportunity for personal and professional development. Furthermore, we offer:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- Work from home scheme including equipment provision;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary (2703-3500 – depending on educational level and years of experience) and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in our office in The Hague and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
- Our challenging Young Professional Program in which you focus on developing your hard and soft skills, together with other young professionals within the organisation;
- Young Royal HaskoningDHV that organises inspiring events, workshops and excursions with colleagues inside and outside the Netherlands.
Are you our new colleague?
Do you want to join our team in The Hague developing the most important airports in the world as our new Jnr. Aeronautical/Airport Systems Engineer? Then we would like to meet you! Apply now via the button below, or if you have a question, you can always contact Max Kapteijn, Recruiter Aviation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/WhatsApp on +31 0 683 241 654. If you would like to schedule a digital face to face meeting to discuss the role, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.