Reference number: MI00871 (please quote in application)
Job location: Denver
Reporting to: VP, Operations
Direct Reports: Matrix Management of Project Teams
Contact partner: Thomas Kilian
Materna’s department, Mobility, is currently looking for an experienced technical project manager to support our U.S. Operations as well as our customers in the aviation industry. As one of the most famous worldwide suppliers for airports and airlines, Materna offers its Integrated Passenger Services (IPS) solutions for automated passenger handling at airports. For further information on our portfolio visit www.materna-ips.com.
As our new Project Manager, you manage the delivery of projects including software and hardware components as well as construction site management.
- You manage the delivery of projects including software and hardware components as well as construction site management.
- You Work with the Contracts Team and ensure that contractual terms are negotiated pre-award, that these protect the company’s interests and are pro-actively executed throughout the project lifecycle.
- You achieve the satisfaction of the customer, meet their commitments and build high-quality relationships with our customers.
- Deliver as-sold contract margins through the effective execution of proactive issues, change, quality and risk management disciplines.
- You report regularly project status as required by the Company, in which regard you ensure that the company’s financial and risk reporting policies are rigorously adhered to.
- Utilise the company’s best practice processes; Prince II, ITIL and the Opportunity Management Framework.
- Review your job through the company’s PMP process, at least annually, with the objective of achieving continuous improvement; attend training courses and industry conferences as necessary for business awareness and self-development.
- Manage your team in accordance with company’s Management Charter and adhere to the Human Resources processes described in the Employee Handbook.
- Provide change requests from the customer and support opportunities and / or act as the Opportunity Manager for specific opportunities for the assigned project/contract.
- Five to seven years of project manager experience in the industry of airport or airline, desirable Prince II Practitioner/PMP/PMI certification
- An IT or systems engineering background; electro-technical background, mechanical background
- Experience of managing systems development/integration projects, ideally involving business-critical real-time/on-line systems.
- A successful record of accomplishment in managing multiple IT projects and using formal project management methods (e.g. Prince II, MSP, or other formal method)
- Proven experience of successfully building, leading and motivating a team
- Experience of international working, including appreciation of the importance of understanding and meeting local legislative and cultural requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel and work overseas for potentially protracted periods (multiple weeks).
- Ability to pass a Criminal Records Check for an airport airside pass.
- Good knowledge of English both spoken and written
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org