Website NACO/Royal HaskoningDHV
Relevant airport experience is required for this position!
Position: Special Airport Systems Engineer at Kuwait International Airport Terminal 2 (on site), specialty Airport Operational Systems
NACO, Netherlands Airport Consultants, is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV and a globally leading engineering and consultancy firm in the field of Airport Development. We have a strong reputation in airport consultancy in all its aspects including design and management of airport developments. With a team of over 200 staff, we work on high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations all over the world. We are “the” go to consultant when it comes to airport consultancy.
One of our key ongoing projects is the supervision of the construction of Terminal 2 at Kuwait International Airport. As part of a consortium with Foster+Partners, ARUP and Gulf Consult we performed the design of this new terminal a few years ago and at this moment we are involved in design compliance review and supervision services. Construction of this new terminal (building costs approx. 4 Billion EUR) began in Aug 2016. The new terminal will have a built-up area of 700,000 m2, a capacity of 25 MAP (Million Annual Passengers) and accommodated with 30 (21F+9C) to 51 (C only) Gates/Stands. Other projects related to this Terminal are a multi-level car parking with 5,172 places and the Airside works.
As part of our team on site we are looking for an aviation Senior Special Airport Systems Engineer.
- You will be part of our design compliance and construction supervision team stationed in Kuwait for 2-3 years
- You will be responsible for design review and compliance of the Special Airport Systems within the terminal project
- You will review various technical submittals including design documents, shop drawings, material submissions, etc. to ensure compliance with the specifications and design intent
- You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary consultants team, will coordinate activities with other disciplines and have periodic site visits/inspections
- As a senior member of the team, you will ensure the work activities are completed within the contractual timeline and provide technical guidance to other team members
- You will provide expert advice to the client on the special Airport systems such as AODB, FIDS, CUPPS, CUSS, CUTE, e SCS, DAS, LAN, WLAN, Data Centre, Data storage, Automated Border Control, BRS, PA-Systems, PAMNS.
You are an experienced Special Airport Systems Engineer, who is eager to work on this high-profile Airport development. You combine technical engineering knowledge with Contract Administration and site supervision skills. You have at least the following qualifications:
- Have a M Sc / B Sc degree in one of the relevant engineering fields like Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering– lower degrees will not be accepted;
- A minimum of 15 years relevant work experience of which a minimum of 8 years has been in the field of Special Airport Systems – less work experience will not be accepted;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role as an airport design/design review consultant on airport construction projects, preferably in the Middle East – less work experience will not be accepted;
- You possess leadership skills and are able to manage multiple concurrent work activities;
- You have experience in interacting and guiding the Contractor and Subcontractor representatives to resolve technical issues;
- Good understanding of, and experience in, contract administration and site supervision
- Willingness to live and work in Kuwait for 3-5 years.
In addition, you have
- The characteristics of a good team player;
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Good command of the English language in writing and presentation;
- Good Software Skills (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Adobe, Bluebeam, Aconex or similar software)
We offer you to become part of a family of passionate colleagues all working together to realise state of the art airport developments around the world. We offer an attractive salary package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.