Food and beverage (F&B) operator SSP America is set to open six new restaurants in Terminal 3 (T3) at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Arizona, throughout the month of January. The portfolio introduces a mix of local and chef-driven offerings as well as popular national brands.
SSP America began operations at Phoenix Sky Harbor Terminal 4 in 2013 with a 10-year contract managing 26 restaurants. The restaurateur’s latest openings are part of the US$590m T3 Modernization Program, set to enhance the customer experience by providing a more efficient way of moving through the terminal.
Scott Welding, vice president of business development, said, “SSP America is proud to be opening our newest collection of award-winning restaurants featuring so many local culinary heroes. Sense of place, taste of place and commitment to the community, combined with optimum choice for the passenger and exceptional customer service, are the hallmarks of SSP America’s new contract with Phoenix Sky Harbor.”
Restaurant openings include:
– Original ChopShop, a neighborhood eatery offering feel-good foods such as protein bowls, salads, sandwiches, super-fruit bowls, fresh-squeezed juices, and protein shakes, all made from scratch on-site with quality ingredients.
– Überrito Fresh Mex, serving a wide selection of burritos, bowls, salads and nachos.
– Tarbell’s Tavern, serving fresh, chef-driven plates in a fast and casual environment. The restaurant will also include a large wine retail component that will enable passengers to buy hand-picked, premium wines to enjoy at their next destination.
– Christopher’s, by award-winning executive chef and restaurateur, Christopher Gross.
– The Habit Burger Grill, a burger-centric, fast casual restaurant concept that specializes in preparing made-to-order chargrilled burgers and sandwiches featuring USDA choice tri-tip steak, grilled chicken and sushi-grade tuna, cooked over an open flame.
– Peet’s Coffee, famous for freshly roasted, craft coffee. The Peet’s coffee bar will offer travelers a wide-range of premium coffee and made-to-order espresso beverages.
Interested in food and beverage operations in airports? Check out the ‘Commercial Development, Retail, Concessions & Media’ stream at the Passenger Terminal Conference, which takes place during Passenger Terminal Expo, on March 26, 27 and 28, 2019, in London.