The Indianapolis Airport Authority has awarded SSP America the opportunity to design, build and operate six food and beverage concession spaces at Indianapolis International Airport (IND).
The opportunity will see SSP America introduce a collection of award-winning local brands, a bespoke Farmers’ Market featuring Indiana Grown produce and products, an expansion of the Harry & Izzy’s restaurant and a popular national brand with contemporary appeal.
Bob Stanton, vice president of business development at SSP America, said, “On behalf of the entire SSP America team, we want to thank IND for this incredible win. Ours is a strong portfolio of local hometown hero brands and a national brand anchored by a market that showcases the best of the Indiana farm region and an expansion of one of the best restaurants in the country, Harry & Izzy’s.
“IND was just awarded its seventh straight ‘Best Airport in North America’ win by Airports Council International. We are passionate about being part of an airport community that continues to demonstrate the highest standards in our industry, and proud to showcase the very best local restaurants to the passengers at IND.”
SSP’s line-up includes:
• An expanded Harry & Izzy’s (Concourse A) that will include a larger, full-service bar and additional seating throughout the space;
• Bento Sushi (Concourse A), one of North America’s largest Japanese food companies offering a variety of traditional sushi, specialty rolls and combos;
• Bub’s Burger (Concourse A), a modern-day better burger joint;
• Farmers’ Market featuring Indiana Grown (Concourse B) which showcases the state of Indiana’s rich culinary landscape and the region’s multiple artisans;
• Sun King Brewing (Concourse B), one of the largest and most award-winning craft breweries in the state of Indiana; and
• HotBox Pizza (Civic Plaza) offering hand crafted, customized pizzas.
Interested in food and beverage operations in airports? Check out the ‘Commercial Development, Retail, Concessions & Media’ stream at the Passenger Terminal Conference, which takes place during Passenger Terminal Expo, on March 26, 27 and 28, 2019, in London.