London Heathrow to install 135 additional electric vehicle chargers

LinkedIn +

London Heathrow Airport in the UK is set to install an additional 135 charging points capable of serving at least 260 electric vehicles in and around the airport. The £2m (US$2.95m) investment has been announced alongside the release of a series of reports detailing Heathrow’s progress toward its 2015 ‘blueprint’ commitments to reducing airport noise, emissions and traffic. The airport currently has 21 electric vehicle charging stations in its short-stay parking garages that are free of charge for visitors.

John Holland-Kaye, chief executive, London Heathrow Airport, said, “2015 saw us commit to a series of action plans that will make us a better neighbor, by reducing noise, emissions and traffic. Today we are providing an update on the very significant progress already being made, thanks to the commitment of the airport community. But we know that we need to do more, and in the coming months will set out even more ambitious plans that will make an expanded Heathrow the most environmentally responsible hub airport in the world.”

The reports provided a traffic light rating against each of the commitments published in the blueprints along with supporting commentary. The reports show that 70% of the pledges have been put into action and that the remaining 30% are in progress

Share this story:

About Author

, editor-in-chief

Helen has worked for UKi Media & Events for nearly a decade. She joined the company as assistant editor on Passenger Terminal World and since progressed to become editor of five publications, covering everything from aviation, logistics and e-commerce to meteorology. She has a love for travel and property and has redeveloped three houses in three years. When she’s not editing magazines, she’s running around after her two boys and their partner in crime, Pete the pug.

Comments are closed.