Netflights.com runs through the airports lounge that offer the best service, facilities and value.
Travelers often perceive airport lounges as mysterious and inaccessible places reserved for the rich and famous, but new research has revealed they may be a good way to relax pre-flight and even save money.
The truth is that they are open to anyone and at much lower costs than you might imagine. To dispel the unaffordable aura that surrounds them, Netflights.com has compiled a list of the 20 best value public airport lounges in the world. This was worked out based on the amenities they offer against the price of admission.
Once you’re through the long security slog, there isn’t too much to do other than spend money before boarding your plane. This can often lead to splurging on unnecessary items you wouldn’t have ordinarily bought.
The new research of 2,000 UK travelers revealed that the average person spends £58.77 (US$76) on food (53%), hot drinks (44%) and alcohol (28%) at UK airports, in a single visit. Almost half (46%) state that they sometimes shop before the flight out of boredom.
Data also revealed that the average worldwide lounge costs only £37.32 (US$49) and often includes food, drink and in most cases wi-fi access – and of course, some peace and quiet. Despite this, 87% of travelers admitted that they have never bought entry to a lounge. Of those surveyed, 40% thought it was too expensive, 23% believed lounges were reserved for members only and 20% did not know how to buy a lounge access.
To help you plan your next trip, Netflights.com has collated the top 20 airport lounges in the world, so you can spend more time travel happy:
1. Al Ghazal Lounge by Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal 2, Abu Dhabi International Airport: £21.45 (US$28)
2. Strata Lounge, International Terminal, Auckland Airport: £28.15 (US$37)
3. Lounge @ B Terminal 3, Dubai International Airport: £28.86 (US$38)
4. 1903 Lounge, Terminal 3, Manchester Airport: £40 (US$52)
5. Plaza Premium Lounge, (Arrivals) Terminal 2, Rio de Janeiro Galeao International Airport: £24.42 (US$32)
6. BGS Premier Lounge, Terminal 2, Beijing Capital International Airport: £21.46 (US$27)
7. Loyalty Lounge, Terminal 2, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport: £22.20 (US$29)
8. Plaza Premium Lounge, (Lounge B) Terminal 3, Indira Gandhi International Airport: £19.98 (US$26)
9. Clubrooms North Terminal, London Gatwick Airport: £45 (US$59)
10. Skyteam Lounge Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport: £30 (US$39)
11. Neptuno Lounge, (AENA VIP Lounge) Terminal 4, Madrid Barajas Airport: £26.40 (US$34)
12. Pacific Club, Terminal 3, Ninoy Aquino International Airport: £18.50 (US$24)
13. Skyteam Lounge, Terminal 1 (International), Sydney Airport: £39.22 (US$51)
14. Bidvest Premier Lounge, International Terminal A, Tambo International Airport: £24.76 (US$31)
15. The Club at LAS, Terminal 3, McCarran International Airport: £28.86 (US$38)
16. Marhaba Lounge, Terminal 2, Melbourne Airport: £35.85 (US$46)
17. Premier Lounge, International Terminal, Ngurah Rai International Airport: £17.76 (US$22)
18. Star Alliance Business Class Lounge, Terminal 1, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport: £30.34 (US$39)
19. Dnata Lounge, Terminal 3, Singapore Changi Airport: £28.12 (US$37)
20. Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal 1, Toronto Pearson International Airport: £25.90 (US$34)
See more public airport lounges here.